About Us

Home » About Us

In 2016, Thermo King Christensen celebrate its 70th Year Anniversary!

TKC 70 YEARS logo

The company was originally formed in 1946 as Automotive Welding and Rebuilding Company. It was in 1956 that the company took on Thermo King products as a sideline. Eventually, that sideline became the dominate part of the business, and in 1959 they became an exclusive Thermo King dealer and service facility. The company name was changed in 1960 to Thermo King of Omaha.

Thermo King of Omaha moved to its current location at 7514 'F' Street in Omaha in 1963. That same year, the owners founded Iowa Thermo King in Sioux City, IA. This location provided service, part and Thermo King Unit sales.

In 1966, Thermo King of Omaha entered into the business of wholesale heavy duty truck part distribution with the opening of Christensen Equipment. In 1973, the expanding business built a second building to house the parts warehouse and offices next door to the Thermo King Service Building at 7508 'F' Street.

In 1988, a third service and parts facility was opened in Grand Island, NE.

All of the divisions of the company changed the company name to Thermo King Christensen in 1988. The corporation of Thermo King Christensen is a family owned business.


Monthly Sales Flyer

Thermo King Units
Hours of Operation
Omaha, NE (Parts Department)
M-F7:00 a.m.6:00 p.m.
Sat8:00 a.m.Noon
SunClosed
Omaha, NE (Service Department)
M-F7:00 a.m.12:00 a.m.
Sat8:00 a.m.4:30 p.m.
SunClosed
Sioux City, IA (Parts Department)
M-F7:00 a.m.5:00 p.m.
Sat8:00 a.m.Noon
SunClosed
Sioux City, IA (Service Depatment)
M-F7:00 a.m.5:00 p.m.
SatClosed
SunClosed
Grand Island, NE (Parts Department)
M-F7:30 a.m.5:00 p.m.
Sat8:00 a.m.Noon
SunClosed
Grand Island, NE (Service Department)
M-F8:00 a.m.5:00 p.m.
SatClosed
SunClosed